Kismet White Suffolk Stud
Kismet White Suffolk Stud is located at Howlong, New South Wales, Australia (approx 4kms west of Howlong on the Corowa Road/Riverina Highway). We front the Murray River on the VIC/NSW border, 32km west of Albury.
With increasing sales each year, Kismet sold over 340 rams in 2010 and we have 500 rams available for sale in 2011 that are quickly selling. These include 450 White Suffolk’s and 50 Poll Dorset’s.
Annual Spring Ram Sale – First Friday in October each year
Friday 7th October 2011
For auction will be: 120 White Suffolk Rams and 30 Poll Dorset Rams
- Rams are June/July/August 2010 drop.
- Showing good length and quality, with clean points and good muscling.
- All rams are OJD MN1 accredited under MAP Program and also Brucellosis accredited.
- The rams are Stockscan accessed and figures are available on the day (or request).
- Where possible, we will be helping with delivery of rams with reasonable numbers.
- Call Graham for the Year 2011 Catalogue: (02) 6026 5215.
- The Sale will be on the Kismet Stud Property, Howlong.
Semen and breeding
Our recent ram purchases are listed below which are used primarily for our breeding program. Semen is also available for purchase, cost is approx $1000 ex GST for 30 semen doses.
- ‘Illoura 050339’ ram bought for $4,000 in partnership with D & W Duffy, sired by ‘Depta Grove 020419’ in 2006.
- ‘Rene 21-6’ bought for $2,000 sired by ‘Wheetelande 2861-3’ in 2007.
- ‘Tattykeel 080021’ bought for $4000 at Bendigo Show in 2009.
See our website for further information on these rams and to order semen.
With over 1000 mated ewes (700 White Suffolk ewes and approx 300 ewe weaners) in 2010/2011 producing approximately 1300 lambs, we therefore have a good number of ewe weaners and mixed aged ewes available for sale from approximately December to March.
At Kismet we strive for a well balanced style of sheep with emphasis on length, muscling, structural correctness and clean points. The most important feature is to have a correct shaped sheep for ease of lambing. This means having good compact shoulder setting, a reasonable neck extension and a not too large head. We have reached the stage where our sheep have no colour or very minimal colour. We are continually on the search for the best genetics by either buying top sires or AI Programs, keeping in mind a large eye muscle and fat depth. We use the Stockscan assessment program to measure the raw data for fat score, eye muscle, depth, width and area.
Due to our irrigation set up we have the ability to grow our rams out at a young age and therefore have constant supply of rams for sale throughout the year.
We strive to keep our quality ahead of our prices with the aim of customers returning.