2018 NATIONAL WHITE SUFFOLK CONFERENCE
was held on Sunday, February 11th - Wednesday, February 14th
at Creswick, Victoria
Venue: RACV Goldfields Resort
The RACV Goldfields Resort is the venue for all formalities during the 2018 conference.
Key note speakers included:
- David Pethick, Sheep CRC
- Jason Trompf
- Nathan Scott
- Liv Ryan, McCains Potatoes, Ballarat
- Allan Piggott - Sheep Producers Australia
- Mike Stephens, Meridian Agriculture
- Paul Fitzsummons - PKF Sheepskin Valuations
- Struan Pearce - Social Media
2017 NATIONAL WHITE SUFFOLK CONFERENCE
Was held on Sunday, February 12th - Wednesday, February 15th
at Wagga Wagga, New South Wales
2017 Keynote speakers included:
- Detective Senior Constable Scott Blanchard - stock theft
- Richard Apps - MLA Sheep R&D
- Ben Matthews - Dual purpose Agronomy
- Matt Hallam - optimising feed conversion
- Chris Wilson - Riverina Bluebell - Metnal Health, its not a life sentence
- James McNaughton - Knight Meats
2016 National White Suffolk Conference
Was held on Sunday March 13th - Tuesday March 15th
at Albany, Western Australia
** The early bird rate applies to registrations received by Friday, 15th January 2016
Registrations close 5:00pm, Friday 19th February 2016.
All registrations must be accompanied by payment.
There will be no refund for any cancellation after Friday 19th February.
Keynote Speakers include:
- Dawson Bradford "Producer to Chairman"
Dr Graeme Gardner, Prof David Pethick, & Dr Kelly Pearce – Murdoch University
"What is in the Sheep Genetics Pipeline?"
- Dr Enoch Bergman "Proud to Produce Protein & Building a Better Cow"
- Paul Mahony – Wellards Livestock Manager "Marketing Lamb"
- Hamish Chandler & Will Chaffey – Sheep Genetics - "Lambplan Update"
Conference Dinner on Tuesday Night - Guest Speaker
"Working with Warriors" Ross Ditchburn & Owen Catto, Regional Men’s Health Initiative
We would like to thank our sponsors of the 2016 National Conference:
2015 National White Suffolk Conference
was held Sunday, 15th to Wednesday, 18th of February 2015 at the Nuriootpa Sports and Function Centre in SA's beautiful Barossa Valley.
- Geoff Gale & Ian Turner - Early development and history of the White Suffolk breed
- Hans Daetwyler, Victorian Department Environment & Primary Industries -The identification of Lethal Genetic Mutation through DNA Testing and the affect on reproduction in our flocks
- Celia Dickason, Team Leader, EAS Team -Enhanced Abattoir Surveillance – Information that is collected and how it is used to improve the health of the sheep industry
- Dr Adrien Griscti -Health issues facing the people in the farming community and services available
- Hamish Chandler -Lambplan Update – Latest on MEQ research, trial results and progression of White Suffolks within the system
- Virginia Kurtz - Bio-dynamic Farming: taking a look at a different approach – managing the health of livestock and soil on your farm
- Roger Paskin, Chief Veterinary Officer for South Australia - On-farm Biosecurity: “One Biosecurity” – a new direction in delivering on farm animal health services
2014 National White Suffolk Conference
was held in Hamilton, VIC Sunday 16th – Wednesday 19th February 2014
- Richard Apps – Manager of Sheep and lamb research – MLA
- Professor Ron Leng – Olsson’s – Prelambing Ewe Nutrition
- Nathan Scott – MS&A –EID technology and applications
- Animal Health Australia – OJD MAP review update and public consultation
- Graeme Anderson – DEPI Victoria – Understanding weather and climate
POST CONFERENCE MEDIA RELEASES:
POWERPOINT PRESENTATIONS: coming soon
- Sheep Electronic Identification - Nathan Scott - 2.6MB .pdf
- Lamb Eating Quality - Matthew Knight - 2.5MB .pdf
- Sheep Genetics & Genomics - Hamish Chandler and Tom Hooke - 1.9MB .pdf
- MLA - Innovation in On-farm production - Richard Apps - 1.6MB .pdf
- Seasonal Variability and Change - Graeme Anderson - 2.1 MB .pdf
- Principles of Nutrition for the pre-lambing ewe - Prof RA Leng - 1.6MB .pdf
- Sheepmeat Council Report on OJD - Ian McColl & Kat Ferme - 3.3MB .pdf
2013 National White Suffolk Conference
Was held in Cowra, NSW
- Increasing consumer demand for lamb and the consumer’s perception of our industry;
- Lamb survival;
- White Suffolks as a Maternal Sire;
Meat eating quality
- Dinner Guest Speaker: Mr Owen Finegan - Australian Rugby Legend and CEO of Snowy Hydro SouthCare Helicopter
Was held at Hadspen Cricket Grounds, Hadspen, Tasmania.
Sunday 12th February – Wednesday 15th February 2012
Another Conference done and dusted! A special thanks to our Tassie members for hosting the 2012 event, and in particular to Rob and Sally Keen and Dale Moore for pulling it all together. Approximately 90 people attended the two-day Conference with 72 travelling across from the mainland – a fantastic effort!