Lambex Young Guns Competition
Building the Lamb Value Chain
of the Future with the Young Guns
Proudly sponsored by the
AUSTRALIAN WHITE SUFFOLK ASSOCIATION
Youth of the Australian Lamb Industry are invited to share your experience, project, research, study, thoughts and ideas covering any activity along the whole lamb value chain, including the likes of on- farm producer group projects / activities, Research Development and Extension projects, genetics, animal production, pasture & grazing management, marketing, environment, welfare, health, e-technology), and off-farm (transport, processing, storage, retail, food service, new product development, marketing and export), and social and cultural aspects and communication.
Three sectors will be showcased with a 1st & only prize of $400 for each sector:
- High Schools/Under Graduates,
- Honors, MSc, PhD,
- Early career professionals 4 Industry, Apprentices, Scientists (≤ 30 yo at 10 July’14)
- Entry to this national competition is free and the12 finalists invited to LambEx will receivecomplimentary registration, but will need to cover their own travel and accommodation.
- Limit of 3 applications per high school, and 5 per university / business.
- It’s envisaged that High Schools may run an intern al competition to select 3 applications.
Applicants are invited to
- Submit the Entry Form (see page 3 and 4 of this document)
- Submit a 1 slide Powerpoint + 1 Page Word document (2cm margins, 11pt font) by 14 April 2014.
- A Selection Panel will select 12 finalists ( 4 from each of the 3 sectors) by 2 May 2014
- 12 finalists invited / advised on 9 May 2014 to start development of their poster (laminated hard copy, AO vertical)
- 12 finalists will receive their complimentary registration (value $300 each) by 1 June ’14.
- To be a finalist, you must attend LambEx 2014 , bring your poster and present a 3 minute seminar using one (1) Powerpoint slide.
MORE INFORMATION & ENTRY FORMS :